Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculators | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>

Collins Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church

A "Daughter" of Wesley Chapel (later, the First United Methodist Church), Collins Chapel was organized in 1841 and purchased this site in 1859. Named for its first pastor, J.T.C. Collins, it predates the formation of the CME denomination. Collins Chapel operated the Collins Chapel Hospital and hosted the conference which approved the establishment of the periodical, The Christian Index.