Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

First Methodist Church

Organized 1826, the first building was of frame, with split log benches, built 1832. A new building was erected in 1845. During Federal occupation, a minister detailed by the Union commander occupied the pulpit: it was later closed temporarily by yellow fever, otherwise has operated continuously since foundation. The present building was completed in 1892.