Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

First Court House First Newspaper

Shelby County's first court house, a $50 cabin, was built here in 1820. The court moved to Raleigh, and the cabin then housed the first newspaper, the Memphis Advocate, which began January 18, 1827.