Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Collierville, Tenn.

Collierville, first known as Oak Grove, was founded in about 1835 and was named for Jesse R. Collier. The county's second oldest town was near Mt. Pleasant Rd. and Hwy. 57 on land of Adams, Floyd, Hodge, Collier and the Tharp Grant. In 1837, the first postmaster was John Koen, and Peter Adams gave 2 acres for the first RR depot-1852. Chartered 17 Feb. 1870, the town elected J. Abington mayor.