Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

The Hole in the Wall

Cousins Tony Angelos and Charles Skinner emigrated from Greece together and opened “The Hole in the Wall” cafe behind the old Peabody Hotel in 1911. In 1923, they opened the Bon Ton Cafe, which became a favorite haunt of Elvis in his early days and is now the second-oldest restaurant in town.