Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculators | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>


The Public Promenade was deeded to the City of Memphis by its original proprietors in 1828 for public walking and leisure. It originally included 36 acres along the west side of the Mississippi Row, now Front Street, from Union to Jackson Avenue.