Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

New Bethel Church and Cemetery

The congregants of New Bethel purchased the current acreage in 1869 and first worshipped in a bush arbor. They deeded a portion of their land to the Shelby County School System to build Nashoba School for black children. The Rev. Will Benton and the Lane family are pictured. Source: A Walking Tour of the Old Germantown District