Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Mabel C. Williams High School

In 1889, W.M. Botts sold this property to the Germantown High School Association and the following year a small frame building of four rooms was erected. In 1905, Miss Mabel C. Williams was appointed principal and in 1911, a new school was built and named M.C. Williams High School. During the Great Depression, the Work Projects Administration built additions. In 1973-74, the building was demolished. Source: A Walking Tour of the Old Germantown District