Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Cotton Gin

In 1912, C.M. Callis built the A.P. Foster Gin and Coal Company behind the Masonic Lodge on Germantown Road. Each year the gin produced 900 to 1200 cotton bales, which were taken to boxcars on the Southern Railroad. The gin remained in operation until 1965. Source: A Walking Tour of the Old Germantown District