Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Masonic Lodge # 95

The Masonic Lodge #95 was organized on April 7, 1841, with Joseph Cotton as Worshipful Master. During the Civil War, when federal forces occupied Germantown, the lodge, as well as the Germantown Presbyterian Church, were spared. The first public school in Germantown was in the lodge, which also served as a Civil War hospital and a WWII Red Cross office. In 1985, the lodge was demolished. Source: A Walking Tour of the Old Germantown District