St. George's Episcopal Church was first situated west of the Presbyterian Church parsonage. In the early 1800's, communicants met in private homes. By the 1900s services were held at the Germantown Presbyterian Church and the Masonic Lodge. On June 1, 1934, 10 communicants signed a petition for a mission/chapel. The chapel was dedicated on Easter, March 17, 1937. The original structure is St. George's Episcopal Church, located at 8250 Poplar across Germantown Rd.
Source: A Walking Tour of the Old Germantown District