Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Presbyterian Church

Organized in 1838, the Germantown Presbyterian Church built its sanctuary in 1851, and added the bell tower in 1867. The church survived the Civil War because the commanding officer of the Union Army and Reverend Evans, the minister, were Masons as well as Presbyterians. The structure was reoriented from north/south to east/west in 1950. Source: A Walking Tour of the Old Germantown District