Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Grand Opera House - Orpheum Theater

On this corner the Grand Opera House was dedicated on September 22, 1890. "The Grand" was destroyed by fire October 17, 1923 The New Orpheum Theatre was rebuilt and opened November 19, 1928 For over a century this corner has been the entertainment center of the Mid-South "where Broadway meets Beale"