Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Oaklawn Garden

The house was built in 1854 on Wm. Carter's land. Its 493 acres were subdivided in 1872. In 1918 Fritz Hussy and Mamie Cloyes owned and named 20 acres Oaklawn Garden. Harry and Becky Cloyes established a botanical garden and museum of historic items, including; Germantown's 1942 fire truck and the first jail, a Southern Railway 1889 boxcar and a Norfolk and Western 1944 caboose.