Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

First Baptist Church, Lauderdale

Later, Dr. T.O. Fuller served as pastor. An educator, author, and advocator of racial adjustment, he organized the Inter-Racial League. In 1939, church officials utilized windows from its 1906 building when they relocated the church to this post civil war site. Officially renamed in 1954 as First Baptist Church, Lauderdale, during the 1950s and 1960s civil rights leaders used the church to develop movements strategies.