Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

The Mount Nebo Baptist Church

For a short time the members met in an improvised building using old sacks for the enclosure, thus the soubriquet "Sacks Chapel." The Reverends Abraham Henderson, J.W. Shaw, Roy Love, and James H. Joyner, Jr., followed Cotton, who named the church. Members of the Mount Nebo Baptist Church took possession of the Gothic structure in 1939. Under the pastorate of Reverend Roy Love, the congregation's membership increased from 280 to more than 1,500 members.