Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Bolton School

Bolton College operated as an agricultural school and teachers preparatory school from 1887 until 1911 when it became associated with the Shelby County public school system. In 1925 it was converted into a regular high school and completely rebuilt in 1978 with several expansions since then. The Bolton College Board of Trustees continues to assist the Shelby County Board of Education in providing special additional educational facilities on this site, thus making Bolton High School the only privately subsidized public school in Tennessee. (see Wade Bolton and Bolton College)