Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Germantown Baptist Church

Organized circa 1836 as New Hope Baptist Church. Ground given in 1841 by Wilks Brooks, whose family was active in life of the Church for many years. Original building was burned in 1862 when Federal forces had command of community. Present building was constructed at same location in 1870.