Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Davies Manor

Built near Old Stage Road about 1807, occupied by Logan Early Davies, James Baxter Davies & their descendants for over a century. Named for Zachariah Davies, soldier of the American Revolution. In the path of both armies, 1861-65, it was the scene of a dramatic episode between Frances Anna Vaughn Davies and a Union forager in 1863.