Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

First Public School

This is the first public school that has stood downtown since the Christine School at Third and Market closed its doors in 1964 after 92 years in operation. The last time a new school was built downtown was 1894, when Fowlkes High opened at Jefferson and Fourth.