Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Arlington Cemetery

The Arlington Cemetery Company, formed in 1909, bought 4.7 acres of land on this site. Owners were: R.D. Cole, S.Y. Wilson, H.S. Griffin, W.A. Taylor, F.S. Bragg, and A.H. Murray. In time, this company ceased to function. The Arlington Cemetery Association, Inc. was formed in 1975. Incorporators were: Louis Brockwell, Lewis Beard, Lawrence Hughes, Margaret Cason, James Wilson, and Joe Harrell. An Endowment Trust Fund for perpetual care was set up in 1983 and 6 acres of land were added to provide for future needs.