Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

St. John's United Methodist Church

The earliest members of this church were among the founders in 1832 of Methodism in Memphis. This congregation, established in 1859 as Central Church Mission, first met on Union Avenue. St. John's, built in 1907, was designed by architect Beauregard C. Alsup and the Church School was built in 1918. WHBQ Radio Station broadcasts originated here 25 March 1925.