Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Rachel H. K. Burrow Museum

Early pioneers settled in the Arlington area around 1830. A depot, called Withe Station, was established in 1856. The land was given by General Samuel Jackson Hays. In 1872 his land holdings were sold at public auction and the community became Haysville, incorporated in 1878. The name was changed to Arlington in 1883, and again incorporated in 1900. In 1905, The Arlington Bank and Trust Company was established in this building.