Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Plough Chemical Company

On March 8, 1908, Abe Plough, 16, borrowed $125 from his father and founded the Plough Chemical Company at this location, 83 North Second. Name was changed to Plough, Inc. in 1929 and merged in 1971 to form Schering-Plough Corporation, a world leader in pharmaceuticals and consumer products. Mr. Plough went on to become this city's leading philanthropist.