Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculators | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>

Second Congregational Church

Founded by the American Missionary Association in 1868, Second Congregational Church was originally at 239 Orleans. It was a chapel for LeMoyne Normal Institute. The present church, designed and built by Black artisans, was completed in 1928. In 1982 the church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.