Home | Contact | Ethics | F. A. Q. | Filing Tools | Forms | Glossary | History | Links | Mortgage Calculator | Recording Statistics | Site Map
Tom Leatherwood
 
Historical Markers of Shelby County

<< PreviousBackNext >>
VideoImageText

Mallory-Neely House

Built circa 1852, this 25-room Italian villa-style mansion was home to the Isaac Kirtland, Benjamin Babb, James C. Neely, Daniel Grant, and Barton Lee Mallory families between 1852 and 1969. Extensively renovated during the 1880s and 1890s, it contains original furnishings and carefully-preserved decorative treatments which illustrate the Victorians' love of lavish interior decor. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1972, it became a museum in 1973.